My Birthday Trip in Arizona and Utah

Last night we returned from a week of camping and driving and exploring some of Utah's monuments and parks.  We celebrated my 65th birthday with this trip and it did take my mind off the number of years.  Something about that number that makes me ... nervous!


Camping with Peter is so easy.  We took Peter's incredibly delicious chili and a salad for the first night's adventure.  He is very good about finding lovely secluded places to camp.  Most of the places we landed either had no campgrounds or they were full.  I like to think of it as being 'closer' to nature.
Our supplies included lots of water, canned chicken, bread, various kinds of soup, cokes, cereal, milk, bananas and coffee!  We were sure we could find a store and reload supplies.

Utah has vast areas where there are very few towns with few stores (at least the part we traveled).  We stopped at Moab and had a wonderful lunch, got gas and continued on.  We explored Monument Valley, Natural Bridges, Watupki, Canyonlands and lots more.  Incredible scenery, lots of cultural history and time to be part of vast open spaces. 

I will be sharing those excursions each Tuesday for the next several weeks.  It's a good way to share pictures and my journal.  I used "My Daily Journal" app for my ipad and had a lot of fun experimenting with it.



So tune in next Tuesday for the first chapter of my birthday travels.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry