Starting a Collection of Fasteners

If you are like me, you have boxes of things that you just might need one day.  When I’m making something that looks good but isn’t what I want right then, it goes into one of those boxes.  And yes those boxes are organized with the hope that I will remember to look in them.   We jewelry artists work with tiny parts and I still wonder how to organize, catalog and remember to look.  Maybe part of the creative process is the surprise of finding one of the pieces.

I just finished a necklace and did not like any of the clasps I had in my fastener box.  I took out my wire and made one.  I did not think it looked like the necklace either.  So I made another and another and finally made one I really liked.  Into the ‘fastener box’ went the ones that were not perfect for this project.  I realized that I was starting a collection of my handmade fasteners.  I have brass, bronze, copper and silver.  I think I need to make a piece of jewelry starting with the clasp!  Just sharing…..





Comments

  1. Such a great idea, I always put my leftovers in boxes, too. I even save my massive problem children, in hopes that someday they can be resurrected in another form. I love how you made these clasps. Very cool, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry