A Gift of Love





Peter loves me!  He has spent many hours/ weeks/months (take your pick) making me an 8” deep cabinet that fits under the overhang of the peninsula between the kitchen and the dining room.  It is made of maple, glass and love.  There are five lighted sections.  It is a beautiful place to display and enjoy family treasures. 
When the glass doors were installed, I was given bronze plastic rectangles to apply where I wanted.  They were to keep fingerprints off the glass.  They were ugly!  What to do?
One of my favorite china patterns is ‘Thousand Faces’.  I love the bands of color and the gold overlay.  Polymer clay was just right for making a cane similar to the color bands of the china. 
I decided to make a thin black box for the cane. 
This is the cane that fits in the black boxes!
 I baked it first.  Then I used Sculpey Bake and Bond to adhere the cane to the baked box.  There happened to be a bottle of gold Adirondack Ink in my paint box and a stamp I liked. 
Never using the ink and stamp on polymer clay gave me pause.  What if it did not work?  Oh, I had to try!
All the pieces went into the oven, were baked and then dunked in ice water.  They look good!  And the ink looks like it will stay.

The last step was to adhere them to glass doors.  I had a roll of double sticky tape left over from book making.  It is stronger than Scotch double sided tape.  And it worked!  I’m so happy to have ‘10 of a kind’ sliding door pulls on a lovely cabinet!
Talk about a gift of love!

Comments

  1. Very Nice! You're lucky to have a craftsman that loves you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!