Grandma's Cookbook

 Winter, snow and being in the house a lot makes me want to cook.  I happened to pick up my grandma’s cook book.  It is very old and a wonderful look into what her life was like when she was cooking for her husband and their two girls.  I think she also cooked for men who worked for them at the farm.  I loved having milk and cookies at her house.  She usually had a cake when I visited her!
I wanted to share some of the pages and let you enjoy them too.  The book is well used.  Grandma gave it to my mother and now I have it.  Once in a while I try to decide what recipe I want to make from it but I seldom get past reading and remembering.

I love this story about the rose jar!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!