A Day Trip in Flagstaff AZ

Thunderbird Supply is one of my favorite suppliers.  They have 3 stores (Gallup NM, Albuquerque NM and Flagstaff AZ).  My dad and brothers ordered from them also.  When I saw they had an in-store semi-annual sale, I put the date on my calendar and just had to go see it. 
Saturday I asked Luana, my quilting and walking buddy, to go with me.  It’s a 2 hour drive from Prescott and we thought it would be a great outing!  We left about 8:30 a.m. and Thunderbird was our first stop.  As you can see it is a very clean well organized store.  They had all the things on my list and Kevan was very helpful showing me what I needed.  But it was one of those times where the picture story in my head was based on no reality.  I was expecting a big warehouse with people stumbling over themselves to get the best deals.  Maybe, I spent too much time at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show! 
Kevan
My Purchases
I’m glad I went, met the people, saw the supplies and know that I will continue to order from their large catalog and website! 
We also went to a large quilt shop and had a great lunch at Charly's in the Weatherford Hotel.  Of course we checked out art galleries and sweet shops!  It was a fun day trip!
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!