Easter Rabbit with Attitude


Once in a while, we get to create something that really makes us smile.  I wanted to make something for a very good friend while she was in surgery.  It kept me busy and I sent her all kinds of healing energy.  I love the attitude that this Easter Rabbit displays.  A little wild eyed with great staying power!


He was so cute that I just had to find a container for his home.  Obviously my Emu eggshell was the answer.



I got my polymer canes out, found several coordinating colors and patterns. Then I sliced the eggshell in half with my flexshaft.  Next came the hinge application.  I glued it on the two shell halves and started planning the design.  After the canes were smooth, I cured it carefully laying one half on baking powder for support.  When I picked it up, I forgot the glue would be soft and yes! one half dropped on the concrete floor.  Only the inside shell broke - not the polymer.  I bet I never forget that again!
I repaired the hinge and glued fabric on the inside of the egg. Finished!





















This was a great way to use up old canes while playing with color and movement in the design.  And the rabbit has a house.  Of course, I had to make a stand, put it in a shipping box and send it to my friend before Easter.  I think I made it!

 

Comments

  1. That is going to make her day, Linda! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! You have a Happy Easter Weekend too!

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous - love the design, concept and colours - what a special gift made with such love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry