The Quilted Vest Is Finished!


Finished Vest!
My new vest is finished! And I love the way it turned out.  After quilting the diagonal lines (and yes, I had to take out stitches and redo a few times), I quilted the vertical and horizontal straight lines.  Now the fabric looks a little like pieces were sewn together.  
Quilting Finished
 My old vest looks better on the inside than the outside!  I cut the shoulder seams apart and decided that I could use it as a pattern and not do side seams.  I made bias strips to finish all the raw edges.  I machine stitched them on the right side of the fabric and hand stitched them in place on the back side for a nice finish.
The inside of the old vest used as a pattern
This is the back of the vest.  I'm so pleased that the hemline is straight and the finished edges are good. 
Back of finished vest

 It has been years since I made buttonholes.  I have to admit that I used language that my mother would not have approved during the buttonhole section!  Then I selected my handcrafted buttons made just for this vest and sewed them on.  DONE!  I will enjoy wearing this and will probably wear it to shreads also. 
Hand Made Polymer Buttons

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry