FOCUS

Saturday August 24, I’ll be giving a 3 hour workshop on making polymer clay buttons at The Sedona Knit Wits (928-282-3389) just in case you want to call and make a reservation!).   I’m planning on showing how to condition the clay and using three different techniques for buttons as well as finishing.  The class should be lots of fun!
In preparation, my supply list is made, the tools we will be using are collected or the coupons from Jo-ann’s and Michel’s are being collected and the knit shop is advertising.

Using 2013 colors, I selected two color schemes with 3 colors each.  Each student will have a choice of 3-2oz squares in cool colors or 3-2oz squares in warm colors. 

Next I wanted to find out how many buttons I could make out of 6 oz of clay.  I chose the cool colors of clay, my tools nicely arranged and my class goals typed beside me.  I was ready. 
You all can probably guess what happened.  I got side tracked right away.  I made one button and thought “Oh what if I did this to it?” and “That would make a wonderful scarf pin!  I can’t make buttons from that!” and so it went. 
After all that creativity was out of my system and I had a talk with myself about ‘focus’, I started again.  And this time I made 21 buttons in different techniques.  I still have the finishing and the holes to drill.  
I know I can stay focused and explain how easy it is to get side-traced when I teach the class!  I may even make a sign with the word FOCUS!  Come join me!
And if any one has any suggestions to improve or add to the workshop, please leave a comment!  I welcome them.

Comments

  1. Looks like a great class to take! Pity I wasn't closer :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!