Lizard Tails! Day 4 of Linda's Polymer Clay Personal Workshop


First it was rocks and now it is lizard tails!  In Julie Picarello’s book ‘Patterns in Polymer –Imprint & Accent Bead Techniques’ I spent a day playing with her ‘lizard tail’ project.  Now, I have real  lizards and their tails really do not look like these!  Nevertheless these were great fun to make and to slice open.  Would you believe the outside is the stripe and the inside the intricate spiral pattern?  

Basically you stack your colors of clay, roll them into a cone shape (the direction of rolling is very important) and cut the cone in half.  Yes, there are great directions for this technique in the book…and pictures!  I wanted a piece to show the inside and the outside of the cone I made and I think this piece succeeds.  Very tribal looking.  I have to finish the cord insert and put wires on the earrings. 
 

I turned the tails into beads, into pendants, into earrings and into buttons.  Absolutely fascinating. 
Lizard Tail Beads
The hardest part of this necklace was finding the leather cord to string the beads and then making a clasp from copper wire.  Can’t wait to wear this!  
My Lizard Tail Tribal Necklace!
Copper Wire Clasp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!