What to do with my frogs?

Does anyone else wonder what to do with their canes once they are complete?  My dilemma- what to make using my frog cane. 
 

I made the charms with the frog on his lily pad and you saw it in the previous post but I wanted something more sophisticated! 


After watching Barbara McGuire’s tutorial on translucent canes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48YOkLypJvE  I just had to try to use the technique she demonstrated and add my frog cane slices.  

Polymer Canes 


I love these beads!  And yes, I’ll do more of them. 

Beads Before Curing
Beads Before Curing


Finished Bead
Finished Bead
Finished Bead
Finished Beads

I have another idea for a pendant with the frog so be watching for it!  Any other ideas for the frog canes?  I would love to hear from you.  And by the way, I’m trying to reach 900 likes on my facebook business page.  If you haven’t looked, please take a moment to click on www.facebook.com/lindabrittdesign.  I’d really appreciate it.


I’m getting ready to go to Tucson for a little of the Gem Show and for a lot of Hadar Jacobson’s class in metal clay! You’ll get to see what I learn there too!

Comments

  1. Your cane and beads are awesome, Linda :) I agree with your previous post: realistic canes are quite challenging, but so worth the hassle. Have a great time in your class at Tuscon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - those are amazing Linda - what stunning beads! Love the tonings and frog pattern within! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Linda.. and btw I love FROGS and Owls.. and all animals.. liked your page. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!