Things Seen from the Passenger Side - The Australian Trip Continues


Quite the Store Sign
Driving on the left side of the road (or from my perspective – driving on the wrong side of the road) and shifting on the ‘wrong’ side of the wheel would have made me a little crazy. 


  It was a very good plan for Peter to drive and me to navigate through the freeways and roads on our Australian travel.  It also provided me the opportunity to take a few roadside photos to share with you. 

Never have I taken a trip where there was NOT road work in progress.  Tanzania, Ecuador, Kansas City, California – it does not matter!  There is always road work.  Australia was no different!  New retainer walls were going up as we drove to The Blue Mountains and the stonework was beautiful – big slabs of stone!


 

I live next door to a national forest and I am used to tall pines.  Tall tree ferns and tall thin eucalyptus trees were different and beautiful in the Australian national parks.


Creative advertisements on store fronts and graffiti on walls made traveling interesting.


Perhaps the cleaning service needs to start with the building where they hang the sign!  Made me chuckle!

Artist's graffiti is encouraged

Close to the Royal National Park

Colored translucent panels (I’m thinking they were a hard plastic) along some freeways in the Melbourne area added color and sound barrier.  



 

 Sculptural features made driving (and riding) fun!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!