Making Gift Giving Special


One evening I was searching for a small project to make, something easy to create and something for the holiday season.  Outside my window the pine trees swayed in the wind and caught my attention.  I wondered how I could use some of my old polymer canes with a holiday tree theme and this is what I came from that evening of play!

Plain sheet of polymer with edges trimmed and the patterned canes above.

Patterned canes sliced and graduated in size to make the tree ornaments


I'm learning to use Instagram  #brittdesign2 and decided to post my first attempts and actually got an order for more of these.  What a nice holiday surprise!  They can be used as ornaments, as gift tags or anything else that you think of.  A Sharpie is good to write a message or a name or date on the plain backs.  I have to make a few more for gifts to close friends and then hopefully I'll have a few in my Etsy shop!  www.etsy.com/shop/lindabrittdesign


Finished gift tags and ornaments



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!