My Silver Bug Series BeginsBug #1



I'm one of those people fascinated by the textures, shapes and patterns of  bugs...  dead bugs - not live crawling bugs!  When I found stylized bug stamps in a glitter store in Cottonwood AZ, I ordered them all in small sizes.  http://www.artglitter.com/   I could use the stamps as a starting point for the silver bug series I've been creating in my head.

My first bug is done.  It has 2 orange CZ's in the antennae and a larger orange colored CZ in the center for some bling!  I dried the stamped clay on a round form with a flat piece for the back.  There is shape, texture and dimension in the silver.

Bug #1

My second bug is at the firing stage.  I stacked layers of silver clay for the wings on the back to give this one dimension and interest.  There is an aqua CZ in it's head and I can't wait to see it come out of the kiln.

Starting to cut the layers for bug #2

Back of Bug #2
 
Bug #2  not fired.
 I think this series will be my spring collection!  Keep checking in with my progress.


Comments

  1. Hi Linda!
    I was at the Renwick Gallery in DC last weekend and they had a room adorned with bugs in patterns! http://renwick.americanart.si.edu/wonder/gallery
    Look for the pink room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending that link. Bugs are so interesting but I'm not sure I'd have the patience for decorating an entire room!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!