A New Toy Gone Bad


For Christmas, my brother Dave, gave me a 3D Stereo Drawing Pen that we both thought looked like fun!  I waited to try it out until now after watching a couple of Youtube videos.  It came with blue and pink filament and I read the directions, put it together and started to play.  


The first thing I made was a pink pyramid with 3 blue flowers and it turned out ok.  I learned how to start the hot filament on paper and then bring the pen up into the air as I pushed the button to release the filament.  It worked great and I realized it would take a little practice to learn to control the pen without making so many squiggles.


Tonight I sat down to play again and was in the process of making a blue lizard when I noticed the blue filament was tangled. I let the pen cool down - the tip gets pretty hot as it melts the filament - unplugged the pen and straightened out the tangle.  



The evening went downhill after that as the blue filament got stuck in the pen and would not go forward or backward.  There is no troubleshooting section in the directions and nothing on google.  I emailed the seller (Ebay) and will see what he has to say.  Otherwise my fun has stopped!  and no blue lizard!

My take on this product is that it is a fun toy but not a really useful tool to use for making a prototype.  It is a means for drawing creatively and enjoying seeing what it will do.  I think it needs another update.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry