Michelle's Book is Finished!

Michelle's Finished Book
The phone rang and my neighbor (who does the most amazing book binding) told me the  case for the book was ready!  I went right over to pick it up just in time to share it on this post.  This is the labor of love I am giving to one of my best friends who helped pick and press the flowers on our trip to Ecuador in 2008.  I'll gift it to her in April as a remembrance of our experiences.

I made the book and my neighbor made the chemise ('shirt' for the book) and the beautifully constructed box.  The spine is leather and I was privileged to watch the gold foil being placed for the text.  My neighbor walked me through the steps as we selected the materials so I would understand the process.


The chemise is solid wine colored fabric and makes a slip cover for the book

How the chemise works

The book

A protected page in the book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry