It's September and I'm really not ready for the fall season!  I'm still wanting those warm days with the  hot sun, a good book on my ipad and the quiet afternoons on my deck with the birds and lizards.  I've started looking in my closet for summer things that I haven't worn! And I'm thinking of things that I want to do before the first snow in late October.  In the meantime there are beautiful places to visit and help ease the transition into fall.

Visiting the lakes and taking a walk are things we love to do on a glorious day here in Prescott AZ. Wednesday's are 'free park' days and Peter and I will start making our weekly trips to all the lakes checking on the birds in the area.  We went to Watson Lake and found some Cormorants, Canadian Geese, and local Mallards.  It was too early for the ducks to return andI got excited about the lines of plants with a Cormorant tucked in the center.


The sky was blue with lovely billowy white clouds and many plants were blooming yellow.  


The  Datura were really showing off with massive amounts of white blooms.



Next stop - Willow Lake where the water was like glass.  At the edge of the lake I found lots of Mayflies and tiny insects among the  green water plants and rocks.



 Grasshoppers were seen occasionally clinging to grass.



 And then I saw the rock reflections in the water and was mesmerized.  I could hardly tell where the rocks stopped and the water began.  The designs made me think of American Indian designs and I just could not take enough pictures as I sat there enjoying nature at its finest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry