Large Detail of rocks at The Dells
It's been a pretty full holiday season already and it's almost Christmas.   This fall my younger brother and his wife came for a visit (something I never thought could happen for health reasons).  My nephew Matt came for a visit and it was wonderful to get to know him better.  Peter and I were tour guides and as often happens we saw places we had not seen before and got a little different perspective on things we had seen. 

Matt in front of some of the rocks at The Dells
We are co hosts of a holiday party coming up and attended another neighborhood party.  Long time friends from Tucson came to visit and we are feeling blessed with all the love from family and friends.  I am reminded of how special each person is and how important it is to acknowledge individual talents. 

This month I'm finishing several projects that I started or wanted to start throughout this year and thought I'd share a few with you.  Part of the fun of the holiday season is allowing myself time to play in between the things that have to be done. 

Rocks!  Peter and I have a collection of lizards and lizards like to climb and hide among rocks.  But rocks can be heavy and can fall on tiny lizards if they are not stacked properly in the cage.  I've started making a few flat rocks out of light weight polymer clay and here are a few examples!  It's a great way to use up scrap clay.

Can you tell which I made?
Pearls!  I've redesigned a pearl necklace and knotted between those tiny pearls.  Every time I repaired, restrung and re-knotted a pearl necklace for someone else I thought I 'should' finish my necklace!  Done!


Birdhouses!  My sister-in-law loves to make fairy gardens.  I decided she needed some birdhouses so I used up some more of my scrap clay and sent her this gift!  Fun for both of us!


List Cover!  What to do with frog canes?  Make a cover for lists and give it as a gift to a friend who will appreciate it.   Lots of learning involved - what size is best?  How to join all the pages? 



Hope you can tell I've been having fun.  I'd love to hear from you about your end of the year adventures.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry