A Walk on the Beach

San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
We just returned from San Carlos, Sonora Mexico - a quick trip to visit a very good friend!  The first thing we did was to take a walk on the beautiful beach.  My friend kept telling me that the hurricane (this year) had torn up the beach and it was rocky.  It was rocky in portions but we had our beach shoes with us for those places and walked in warm sand the rest of the time.  I wanted to share that walk with the ocean textures and animals with you.  You know I'm looking at birds, lapping ocean and shells while enjoying the sea breeze and ocean smells!  I saw dolphins but did not get a good picture of them breaking the surface.

An Eared Grebe had a long swim going mostly in circles.  Look at that red eye!

This was the greenest shell I've ever seen!

I brought this one home.  Such an interesting interior structure for the shell
 
A Life Bird for me!  The Reddish Heron
  
Enjoying the texture of a shell.   

Talk about texture!  There were stacks of shells at the estuary 

Beach debri....texture!

And just in front of the condo where we stayed a pair of Gila Woodpeckers were feeding young.  The male is in the nest in the palm tree.  The female on the side of the tree took turns gathering food and feeding.

Hope you enjoyed my walk on the beach!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!