The Learning Curve

Have you noticed that learning curves vary with content and with age?  I've spent hours learning to set up a scene to take a video and then get the lighting correct.  I've learned to use new software 'Wondershare Filmora' (which by the way is really good software for putting text and music to a video).  Since it is new to me, it has taken more hours.  And then when I got the video like I wanted it, I had to get it in a format to put in my blog (Filmora helped with that).  I had to put it on YouTube first.   Lots of learning with a big learning curve.  I think my age may have something to do with all that or it could be I'm just determined! 

Why did I make the video?  Good Question!  My new jewelry collection is coming to www.lindabrittdesign.etsy.com on October 25.  I wanted to learn to make a video and this seemed like the perfect time.  A little teaser for everyone to get excited about the jewelry! 

This first video came out close to my idea of  'Let the Good Times Roll' = Carnival Collection.  I wanted the Mardi Gras Theme since the colors in my jewelry were purple, green and gold.  The jewelry is one of a kind handcrafted and very versatile.  It can go from casual to party and show the wearer's individuality.  I wanted the video to be fun.

The feedback I got was a little negative since the people I asked to watch it got caught up in the fun but missed the jewelry.  That was also part of my learning curve:  Make the jewelry more important than anything else.  That led me to make a second video!

This week I'm sharing the first video and invite you just to enjoy the pictures and the music.  Next week I"ll share the second video.  And don't forget to check my etsy shop on the 25th! 

Any feedback is welcome!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry