Making a Black and White Statement



Black and white makes such a striking statement and I am ready for a statement!  Experimenting with combining black and white polymer clay, I stacked alternating layers into stripes and swirled them.  Then I cut the swirls into little pieces and compressed the pieces into a one-inch ball in my hands.  Sometimes I cut those balls into 4 pieces and reassembled them into another one-inch ball. 




I combined my finished beads with volcanic stone beads about the same size.  It became obvious that I created two basic designs and they would not go together.  Some of the black and white balls reminded me of zebra stripes and some were much more abstract.  I had to make a decision! Two statements - one now and one for the future! 
 
I used smaller black matt beads for the back of the necklace with a silver toggle.
And this is the happy result!

Comments

  1. Linda, I love black and white, and what you have done here is just elegant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece! Well done on the beads, and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design, Linda... black and white are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!