Finding a Niche or 'I'm a Button Maker'

A few weeks ago, a friend took me to a great little quilt shop in Prescott Valley, AZ. Quilt ‘N Sew Connection   www.QuiltnsewConnection.com  My friend, Luana, quilts.  I don’t but I do love to look at fabrics and how patterns are being put together.  I noticed the buttons on the checkout counter and found out some were polymer clay.  The owner and I chatted and she said it would be nice to have a local source for the buttons.
If you’ve been following my blog posts about polymer clay extrusions and buttons, you know I’ve been experimenting and getting a system that works.  I made several buttons (27 to be exact) some are one of a kind and some two of a kind and even 8 of one kind.  I was wondering how to package them and came on the idea of using thank you cards from a previous business.  They had my logo on the front that I could cut off and attach my buttons with double sticky tape.  It worked!  I put them in a box and Luana and I went back to the quilt store.
 
I asked if these were the kind of thing the owner was looking for and to my amazement, she bought them all.  I don’t even have pictures of all of them!  So I’ll be making more buttons.
Even better, I was wearing a pair of earrings I’d made from the ‘Rob Peter to pay Paul’ quilt design and she will be interested in selling them in the shop around the holidays!  Quilting in a different medium. 
 

 
It turns out that I may have found a niche that will help finance my play!  Never had I dreamed of being a button maker or a quilter but here I am….   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry