My Labor Day Weekend Project

I made cages!  Tiny cages!  While practicing some of the steel wire techniques I learned from Keith Lo Bue’s http://www.lobue-art.com/ online class, I realized that my collection of tumbled stones just might be the start of a new line of jewelry…..Caged Stones! 



 
So here is my first necklace.  Watch for the new series on my Etsy store www.etsy.com/shop/lindabrittdesign  
First I made spirals and turned them into tiny cages. 
Then I made ‘s’ links and jump rings and combined everything.   I brushed and buffed them, waxed them and inserted the dyed turquoise.  I need more practice to really control the consistency but I like the first piece!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!