My Renaissance Christmas Ornaments

I signed up to take Heather Campbell’s class, “Lady Luck Pendants” through http://www.craftartedu.com/.  The ad for it looked so intriguing and I love the ornate look of her pendants.  It was worth the $25 cost of the class!  I selected left over clay in a variety of colors and gathered canes that blended with them. 
I pulled out sequins, crystals and bead caps.  By now my desk is piling up.  Did I mention that it was late evening and I really wanted to try these techniques right then!  Patience?  None!!
I read the tutorial again (I had watched the video earlier) and zeroed in on the transfer section.  The transfers needed to print on a toner printer.  We have that.  But I did not have images I wanted to transfer. Hmmm…
I take photographs and I have an album of lace photos that are black and white.  After selecting 8 images, I printed them on the correct printer.  What? no clay softener ?  I thought, “why not try Sculpey Bake and Bond”.  I bet that would work.  NOT!  Use the materials she suggests!  Big difference.  There was no transfer with the Bake and Bond.  Clay Softener would have to wait until the next day.
And if I wasn’t going to follow her directions exactly, I would just do my own thing.  I used her basic techniques minus the image transfers and the antiquing.  I'll get to those soon!
Here are my first 11 Renaissance Christmas Ornaments – each unique and oh so much fun to make.  I went to bed very late and was very happy.  Must be the Christmas thing!
Check out my creations on www.etsy.com/shop/lindabrittdesign

Comments

  1. Linda, these are absolutely inspired! As with your photos, I love your clay work so much. Nicely done, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather's class sounds fun... I love that you selected parts that work for you and experimented til you got what you love. Nice job, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Sharing each other's work is such fun and knowing that you are participating is even better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry