Storing Finished Pieces of Jewelry

How do you store your finished projects? Please leave your solutions in the comment box and I’ll share them.
 As I look around my studio, I see earrings on cards and earrings on stands.  I see necklaces stacked next to each other on the necklace jewelry stand. Necklaces hang from hooks on the side of my cabinet.   I see a necklace on a neck display stand, stacks of bracelets and so much more.   It’s a little overwhelming.
 I think I am hyperventilating!  Too much of everything takes my mind away from creating and leaves me wondering what to do with it all.  How can I make more?  Where would I put it and how can I rationalize buying more supplies for more jewelry making?  Surely I’m not the only jewelry designer/artist with this problem?

 I need a system for storing the finished pieces that are listed in my website store www.lindabrittdesign.com and on my etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/lindabrittdesign.  Focus!  That’s what I need!  And more sales!

My solution (at least for now) is to put the finished pieces in gift boxes and attach a photo to the outside.  A rubber band holds it together just in case a gift box turns over in my plastic tub.  It’s a good start and I don’t have to open each box every time I look for a certain piece.   I’m keeping my newest or most favorite pieces out to remind me where I am in the learning curve of making jewelry.  It is also nice to show my friends what I’m doing at the moment. 
 
I’m calmer now.  It must be time to start a new project!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry