Completed Sea Story


Last week I shared my unfinished Sea Story with you.  This week shows the finished piece.  You will see some of the photo tips I learned from the photography class used on the pictures here!  (light in front so the details show, etc)

When silver is fired in the kiln, it looks white because the molecules are standing up.  When it is brushed the molecules lay down and it looks silver.  I brushed the  'Sea Story' with a wire brush along with 3M wheels to make everything silver.  Then I waited for my Jool Tool to arrive!

When it arrived I ripped open the package, put it together and then watched the DVD!  This tool is going to be so much fun!



Things I realized about the Jool Tool after it arrived:   http://www.jooltool.com/
.A vacuum system is needed!  Of course I set it on the counter to try it out without any vacuum system.  Couldn't wait! and did not realize how having one would be necessary for good health and housekeeping!

.I screwed my Jool Tool to a piece of wood and can now clamp it to a work space anywhere.

.The only way to really figure out how each pad works is to try them....ON PIECES THAT CAN BE RUINED! Don't make your first try on your best piece  of work!  It takes some practice!

Yes I did practice, then polished the pendant and dropped it in liver of sulfur for patina.  When I removed it, blues and greens appeared and made me think of water.  Then I polished to highlight parts creating a sense of depth within the layers.

After using the Jool Tool to create the highlights and smooth around the bezel, I noticed the bezel is a little uneven and jagged,  I think it looks like a sea animal caught the turquoise bead under water!

Back of Pendant - love the blues and greens!

A vintage chain swam out of my chain collection and it is perfect with the Sea Story.   Sigh!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Giving New Meaning to UPCYCLE!