Vintage Clothing

Finally I have some new vintage pieces in my vintage etsy shop
https://www.etsy.com/listing/537019176/vintage-dotted-swiss-dress-dotted-swiss?ref=shop_home_feat_2

This past week, I've decided that I need to put the vintage clothing on my vintage etsy shop.  www.brittdesign.etsy.com   I've had a plastic tote with some of my favorite vintage items packed away for several years making them even older.

sneak preview
Years ago, early 2000's, my good friend Jay and I shared a booth in Tucson's Copper Country Antique Mall.  It was a huge building with many spaces and a cafe inside.  A large bull on the roof named 'Fred' kept watch.  My parents had just moved into assisted living and my brother drove a UHaul truck filled with lots of their things.  Between that and the help of some friends, there was plenty to fill our space. My partner, Jay, has amazing talent at merchandising and selling so our space was really special.

Copper Country Antique Booth
There were several items I just could not part with when we finally closed our space and I packed them in this plastic tote. My vintage hat collection sold except for one hat.  I gave the 1920's flapper dress to a family member along with some long slips my grandmother wore.  Now I'm down to vintage pieces that are not family pieces and someone needs to enjoy them.

sneak peak
I've dragged my feet getting the items on my vintage etsy shop because the process takes so much time!  I'm out of excuses and will be adding pieces one by one.   Photos of each piece of clothing are taken.  I found a willing lovely model to photograph and the clothes  fit well enough.  We spent a morning in the woods with the sun coming through the trees and had a great time enjoying the early fashions.   Then came several hours of editing and taking a few more photos, cropping and resizing them and deciding which to use.  I promised my model I would not use her face!

Next came the descriptions, the measuring and the pricing.  There is quite a bit of research that goes into all of that.   When you see the Facebook post that says, 'Finally! I'm putting some lovely vintage clothing in my vintage etsy shop!'  you know what I mean!  I hope you will take a look once in awhile and see the additions.   www.brittdesign.etsy.com   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry

Spring Do-Over Challenge