The Value of Online and DVD Classes

A Favorite Bracelet made from a DVD class

  • Time - I can watch the classes at my convenience.  Maybe early morning or late at night! Or in the middle of the day or with earphones while waiting in a hospital room.
  • Comfort - I don't have to dress for class -- actually I don't have to dress!
  • Convenience - I can watch a segment and go try the technique.  I can watch the same part over and over until I get it!  I can watch again in a year because I don't remember everything.
  • Authority and experience - the teachers are amazing, interesting, and professional.  Teachers are all over the world.
  • New Techniques and tools - I learn so many new things, get new ideas and see what is available in other parts of the country.
  • Expense - even though some classes are expensive they seldom cost as much as actually traveling to a different part of the country plus hotel, etc.
  • There are tutorials and mini-classes and usually you can ask the instructors questions.  You can 'talk' with other students and share each work.
Yes, I really value online classes.
Here are only a few of the places I find classes.  Of course, I'm focused for the moment on polymer clay.  There are many classes about all kinds of art and crafts.
From 'Bio-forming' class by Dan Cormier

From the Sea Glass Class offered by The Blue Bottle Tree

From a tutorial about the Stroppel Cane 

Here are a few places to find art/craft classes.  We need more!


You Tube offers many tutorials as do manufacturers and distributors of products.  Many artists offer classes on their websites.

It just takes some digging and research to find the right class, the right topic and the right instructor for your needs. 
If you have favorite sources I'd love to hear from you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry