The Art of Presentation

I’m getting ready to participate in my first Holiday Sale!  Our homeowner’s association is having a one day holiday sale (September 17).  I will have a table to display my creations of jewelry, silk flowers and blank cards with my photos.  And I’m wondering how to present these items to the best advantage.  Displaying my products in a way that attracts buyers has me thinking about the art of presentation.
How things look and are presented can mean success or not!  I remember my mother telling me that it was very important to set a pretty table.  If the presentation for the food was inviting, the food and the conversation would be better.  If it looked like dinner was planned, Dad would not mind waiting for it!  So now, even with pizza, I set the table with candlelight and napkins. 
A Ladies Afternoon Tea
Such fun to make this presentation and then eat it!!

When I taught, I wanted my students to listen.  Junior high and high school students are a tough crowd and the presentation had to be good if I wanted to avoid chaos! 
When I designed interiors of homes, my presentations had to be thorough and detailed.  They had to create an image that met my client’s expectations.  When I grouped collections, there needed to be a story about the pieces. 
Capturing an Idea for a Client Presentation


As I decide on the presentation of my earrings and necklaces, my flowers and cards, I will be thinking how someone will want to see them, try them on, see themselves.  I’ve started a list, start gathering props.  I also just got ‘the Square’ and now I can take credit cards.  Professional! 
As I think about it, there really isn’t anything we do that does not involve presentation – the sharing of our homes and food, our collections, our ideas, and ourselves. 


         



                                    




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry