Sharing a Display Solution





 Finding display pieces and ways to maximize space on a sale table is a problem we all face at some time.  Our homeowners association has an annual Art/Craft Show in September and I needed to find a way to display more of my pieces without getting too cluttered.

I saw this idea at a craft show last year and decided to make a multi-layered stand.  Home Depot, here I come!  In the a/c section a gentleman helped me find the right size pipe and told me how to lock it in place as a tube.  It took 3 sets of hands to actually accomplish this part (my neighbors are great about helping) and the pipe stood as a pipe!  Peter, who always helps with the structural part of my wild ideas, made a secure base.  I cut flanges on one end of the pipe and he screwed the flanges on to the wood base. 


I had a roll of aluminum left from some 10 year old project and used it as the base for each layer.  The roll of silver electrical tape worked great to attach each layer to the pipe.  Then I made a cardboard layer and used wine colored flocked jewelry paper (sticky on the back and already in my supply closet) and my silver electrical tape to cover the cardboard layers.  They slipped over the pipe and were held in place by the aluminum sheets.  The difficult part was deciding exactly what angle and height to use for the layers.  I asked my short neighbor and my tall neighbor to weigh in with their opinion.


A piece of the fabric that matches my standing peg boards covers the base for a coordinating look.  The new display piece is easy to move and fits in the back seat of my Toyota 4-runner and is quick to set up. 
My cost of building it was less than $10.00 (remember, I did not have to buy the wood, tape or fabric as I already owned it.)



Pretty happy with the outcome!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning As We Go!

Spring Do-Over Challenge

The Draw of the Mojave Desert or Why I Started Designing Jewelry